Juicing an orange should be a simple and straightforward process. Cut it, squeeze it, your favorite tool to get the juice out, and you should be good to go. But, there is more to this simple process than meets the eye.
You want to make sure you get all the flavors, pulp, and juices out. Also, you may not want any pulp in your juice. And sometimes you might need to employ a special technique to get the best results.
There is lots of advice on how and why juicing may be beneficial to your health. And in this article, we will outline the tips on how to juice an orange with a juicer to get the most out of your food. But before we do that, let’s start with the benefits of juicing.
Health Benefits of Juicing
The more oranges you consume, the greater the quantity of vitamins that come in contact with your body. Juicing is trendy because it allows you to get a number of citruses or vegetables into your body without having to eat them. The beneficial aspects of juicing may include:
- You increase your antioxidant intake when you juice fruits. Also, the absorption of some vitamins, such as B6 and folic acid, may be improved by juicing.
- You potentially get all the minerals and vitamins you need without feeling too full. The US Department of Agriculture recommends eating up to 2 cups of fruit every day. Reaching this target is easier if you juice.
- Juicing oranges may be good for your kidney health. It gets more fluid into your system and keeps you well hydrated.
- There are some claims that juicing may help you lose weight and improve metabolic functions. But these claims need to be thoroughly researched before we make any definitive conclusions.
Picking out the Right Type of Juicer
Now that we’ve established juicing may be very healthy for you, it’s time to take a look at some common types of juicers. If you wish to know how to juice an orange with a juicer, choosing the right device may be the first step. There are two types of juicers you should consider:
1. Manual Juicers
Manual citrus juicers are the most common option and you probably already have one in your kitchen. They are usually inexpensive, but some fancy models may set you back close to a couple hundred bucks. However, they aren’t exactly perfect, so let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons.
- Manual citrus juicers are very easy to clean and some of them can be washed in the dishwasher.
- They are completely silent which comes in handy if you use them in the morning.
- Besides conserving energy, manual juicers are very easy to use.
- If you are making a lot of juice it will take more time to do it.
- Manual juicers can be labor intensive.
- There is no way to control the pulp, which might be the biggest disadvantage since some people prefer pulp-free citrus juice. Those people would have to run it through a strainer afterwards.
2. Electric Juicers
You can use electric juicers for other fruits and vegetables besides citrus. However, they are a bit pricier than manual ones, but there are some affordable options on the market today. Let’s check out some of their advantages and disadvantages.
- You spend less time to get a greater amount of juice.
- Electric citrus juicers do almost all the work for you. There is no laborious squeezing, unlike with manual juicers.
- One of the best things about them is that you can control the pulp. If you want pulp-free juice, electric juicers can do that for you.
- You can put different kinds of citrus fruit in an electric juicer. Usually they can handle anything from limes to grapefruits.
- It takes more time to clean electric juicers because they have more parts.
- They can be noisy. But there are some models which are almost silent.
Nutrition of Orange Juice
Orange juice is a good source of multiple nutrients. The ones commonly found in orange juice are vitamin C, B6, magnesium, potassium, and more. According to the USDA, one serving of 100% pure orange juice should cover your daily recommended intake of vitamin C, with a good measure of calcium and magnesium on top.
The Last Squeeze
If you want to start your day with a healthy beverage, you should know how to juice an orange with a juicer. Orange juice is not only good for your health but may also give you some extra vigor at the start of a day.