Manual juicers have always been a popular staple in kitchens around the world, especially as they take up little to no room and give you the ability to extract fresh juice from a variety of fruits.
However, with so many models on the market, it can be tough to find the best manual citrus juicer. Below are three manual juicers that we consider best for everyday professional or personal use.
Best Manual Citrus Juicer Reviews
1. Zulay Lemon Lime Squeezer
At first glance, the Zulay Lemon Lime Squeezer seems relatively simple in design, but it is actually a very versatile tool that gives you the ability to get the juice out of a range of fruits including limequats, Lisbon lemons, mandarins, and Tahiti limes.
Some of the best features and a couple of desirable improvements of the Zulay Lemon Lime Squeezer include:
- Seed strainer: The integrated seed strainer is ideal for removing small and large seeds from the citrus fruit you’re working with, which helps you save time when it comes to fishing seeds out of your squeezed juice.
- Easy to store: With an approximate size of 8.7 x 2.9 x 2.1 inches, the Zulay Lemon Lime Squeezer is very compact which makes it simple to store in your utensil drawer or even in the corner of your countertop.
- 2-in-1 design: Instead of having a single reamer that only works on small citrus fruits, this squeezer comes with two integrated reamers for both small and medium fruits.
- Paint easily chips: The main issue with the Zulay Lemon Lime Squeezer is that the paint isn’t as durable as with other squeezers, which means you may start to see flakes of paint as you continually wash the squeezer.
- GET EVERY LAST DROP FROM YOUR FRUIT our citrus press is proven to get more juice than dozens of other brands, you also will have NO SEEDS in your juice. Works perfectly on Meyer lemons, Key limes, limequats, Mexican limes, Eureka or Lisbon lemons, Rangpur or Tahiti limes, from Florida, California or Abroad our tool can squeeze them all with maximum result.
- SAVE TIME AND EFFORT with our easy-to-use and easy-to-store lemon squeezer. No more worrying about electricity or batteries. No more bulky, hard-to-clean juicers crowding your home bar or kitchen.
- STURDY HEAVY DUTY METAL BOWLS this 2-in-1 lemon press/lime press can juice small limes, large lemons and even small sized oranges. Made with sturdy aluminum and non-toxic certified lead-free coating it is safe and reliable.
- CLEANS IN SECONDS AND IS DISHWASHER SAFE you can easily take out your citrus press for that extra touch in your food or cocktail and simply put it in the dishwasher. Or, if you don't use a dishwasher, cleaning it by hand is a breeze.
- ENGINEERED TO BE EASY ON THE HANDS watch limes, lemons and even oranges beg for mercy even with a soft squeeze of the hand. If you are used to hand-squeezing citrus, you will be truly amazed at how easy it is to use this professional lemon squeezer. Consider getting two - one for you and one for your best friend.
- Easy to use, even if you have wrist pain
- Extracts a reasonable amount of juice
- Requires little effort
- Less efficient than an electric juicer
- Leaves some pulp behind
- Doesn’t extract all juice
With a user-friendly design and compact shape, the Zulay Lemon Lime Squeezer quickly becomes the one manual kitchen tool you can use on a regular basis.
2. Joose World Lemon Lime Squeezer
As another 2-in-1 manual squeezer, the Joose World Lemon Lime Squeezer has plenty of interesting features to use to your advantage.
A couple of the most notable features of the Joose World Lemon Lime Squeezer include:
- 2-in-1 design: With your new manual press, you will have two different juice domes that you can use for small to medium sized citrus fruits.
- Tested enamel: The frame of the Joose World Lemon Lime Squeezer is constructed out of sturdy metal and painted with acid-safe and food-grade enamel.
- Strong rivets: Instead of worrying about the juicer losing its strength over time, the specialized Joose World rivets give you optimal performance regardless of how many times you use the juicer.
- Juice may splash: Due to the placement of the straining holes and their size, if you’re working with larger fruits, some juice will splash out of the side of the squeezer.
- PAY FOR ONE PRESS and GET 2 BOWLS OF DIFFERENT SIZES - Our unique 2-sized-bowls-built-in-1-press-design lets you juice all types of citrus fruits -Meyer lemons, Key limes, Limequats, Mexican limes, Eureka or Lisbon lemons, Rangpur or Tahiti limes, from Florida, California or Abroad. limes, lemons, small oranges (and even big oranges if cut into quarters) by using one manual squeezer only
- THE BEAUTIFUL CRAFTSMANSHIP LOOKS GREAT IN EVERY KITCHEN - Crafted from sturdy metal, JOOSE WORLDS Citrus Press is enameled in fun citrus-inspired lemon yellow and lime green colors, which is food safe certified as food-grade and acid-safe. This pretty lemon/lime squeezer fits all kitchen schemes
- FOOD SAFE CERTIFIED Lemon/Lime Squeezer 2-in-1. CONNECTED BY THE STRONGEST RIVETS, JOOSE WORLD'S best citrus juicer is a sturdy lemon squeezer that lets you enjoy freshly-squeezed lemon, lime, orange and other citrus juices in one easy press. Say bye to electricity, batteries or hard-to-use and hard-to-clean juice squeezers. Made of food grade and acid safe material which is Food Safe certified, so get you extra peace of mind
- With 7 perfectly-sized holes on each of the 2 bowls, the JOOSE WORLD citrus press gives pure juice without any seeds or pulp. Also VERY EASY TO CLEAN - Dishwasher safe. Now you can easily add a splash of refreshing citrus to cocktails, marinades, dressings and even grilled meats. What a perfect present for kitchen enthusiasts and cooks of all levels
- EVERY PURCHASE INCLUDES A BONUS TOP-QUALITY FRUIT ZESTER. WE OFFER A LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE
- Extracts a lot of juice
- Retains all of the pulp and seeds
- Easy to squeeze
- Juice will leak
- Difficult to clean in the dishwasher
If you’re the type of person that wants to get the most out of every part of a lemon or lime, you’ll appreciate the Joose World Lemon Lime Squeezer as it not only comes with the manual press but a zester as well.
3. Chef’n FreshForce Citrus Juicer
At first, you’ll notice that the Chef’n FreshForce Citrus Juicer is designed slightly different than other manual juicers, bust such is done for a good reason.
A few of the best features of the Chef’n FreshForce Citrus Juicer include:
- 20% more juice: When compared to other handheld juicers on the market, this particular model will yield up to 20% more juice, helping you to get the most out of fruits.
- Dual-gear mechanism: To increase the amount of pressure applied to halved fruits, the dual-gear mechanism makes it easier to get more juice with less effort.
- Nylon and stainless steel: In order to prevent rusting due to exposure to acid and to make the Chef’n FreshForce Citrus Juicer dishwasher safe, it is constructed out of stainless steel and nylon for years of use.
- May require two hands: Since the distance between the handles when fully extended is 12”, you may have to use two hands in order to get the juice out of your fruits.
- Produces 20% more juice than conventional handheld citrus juicers
- Innovative dual-gear mechanism increases pressing power to reduce hand fatigue
- Manually squeezes lemons, limes, and other small citrus fruits to make your favorite juices at home
- Durable nylon and stainless steel construction ensures a long lifetime of use
- Top rack dishwasher safe
- Easy to clean
- Feels sturdy and high-quality
- Gets a lot of juice out of fruits
- May require two hands
- Requires a slow and smooth squeeze
The Chef’n FreshForce Citrus Juicer may not have as many features such as a 2-in-1 reamer design, but it excels in performance and gives you the easiest possible experience when working with citrus fruits.
The Final Recommendation
With all of the manual citrus juicers on the market, choosing the right one can be a chore, but the most important thing to remember is you’re going to want to choose a juicer that is easy to use, yields the most juice, and cuts back on cleaning time. Out of these three manual juicers, the Chef’n FreshForce Citrus Juicer has a superior build that is made to last throughout the years. Aside from its high-quality paint and general construction, the strong rivets help you to work through thin and thick rind fruits without having to worry about the handle snapping.
You’ll also appreciate the sheer amount of juice that you can extract from a single fruit, giving you far more than what you would receive from other competing models. It surely won’t perform as well as an electric juicer, but for a handheld model, it’s quite useful.
Finally, for home cooks who aren’t fans of seeds and pulp, this is the ideal manual juicer for you as it helps to trap most, if not all of the pulp from a citrus fruit as well as its seeds. There’s no need to worry about having to strain the juice after it’s squeezed out, which is ideal for cutting the amount of time you spend preparing meals or beverages.